Wednesday, January 16, 2008

A New Year and back at work...

Hello all! I'm finally back running around after 4 months of recovery! The ankle is doing much better...I still have some pain from being up on my feet during a long day, but nothing I can't handle. The doctor said it could take up to a year to fully recover or it just might not ever be the same again. Nonetheless, I was thrilled to come back to work...I truly missed flying a lot!!!

So let's see, I need to back track a bit first...Right before I injured myself I went to Mayo Clinic with my Dad and Marilyn. For those of you who don't know, my Dad has Parkinson's disease and Mayo has some of the top neurological doctors in the nation who specialize in movement disorders. I was really excited to get to go and hear what the doctors were saying first hand and to also be a support to my Dad. We shared tears and laughs but I wouldn't trade it for the world!



Go speedracer...go!!!

So, since being back I'm flying like crazy...can't wait to get that 1st paycheck!!! I've been around the west coast a lot...a Monterey overnight and lots of turns in and out of San Francisco. I actually snapped some great shots out of SFO on a beautiful morning (NO FOG AND NO FLOW!) Enjoy!

These are of the beautiful Monterey and their infamous sea lions...

And here are some shots leaving SFO...

Last but not least...During my 4 months off of work where I spent most of my time with Mom in TX (hey, your never too old for momma's good cookin' and lovin'!) I chopped my hair off! I got rid of about 10 inches and I love it!!! It's super easy to fix and was much cooler during the 80 degree days in the middle of winter in TX!

Guess that's all for now...I hope to be a bit more consistent in my posts this year (I'm gonna try really hard anyways!) I hope everyone had an excellent holiday season and a wonderful start to the new year! Until next time...keep the blue skies up!

5 Comments:

Anonymous Astroprof said...

Welcome back!!!!

2:15 PM  
Blogger The Big Guy said...

Welcome back! We've missed your posts.

Love the hair, by the way...

TBG

5:30 PM  
Anonymous Lenman said...

Great to see you back! Happy 2008 to you and your family.

10:17 AM  
Anonymous Lenman said...

...and nice hair too! Sexy! ^_^

10:18 AM  
Blogger Flygirl said...

Thanks yall! ;)

5:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home